Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redundancy test

Status
Not open for further replies.

europe

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
NL
Hi All,

Every now and then I runnin to customers that would like to test the redundancy options of their ESS or LSP, and even S8700 Server Pairs.
And lets nnot forget the High Available systems.

Now I trust these systems, but these customers invent the most strage test plans.
Does anybody out there have a doc from avaya which describes how to test these systems in a controlled way... without pulling power or ethernet plugs... in such a way the system is not majorly harmed

Kind regards,

Edwin

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Nothing documented but when we test, our network engineer would put a block on the voice path between locations.

Pulling ethernet plugs doesn't harm anything. It's a good way to simulate an outage of a given device without actually powering it down hard. it also makes it easy to quickly bring things back up, making the simulated outage short.

It's a Bad Idea to hard power off servers of any sort.

New England Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back