Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirecting Specific Calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deaftone

Technical User
May 18, 2017
GB
Hey folks,

I've been digging around for the last day or two and trying different configurations on the PBX, but haven't been able to get something quite specific to work. Could be that it isn't possible!

Basically, we have a problem caller that is contacting one specific person to the point of harassment. The business have come back and said that they want all calls from this customer blocked from calling any number apart from two specific users who have been "nominated".

The user that's receiving the calls wants to keep their number, so going down the converting to VDN route isn't going to work here.

We have a complete block put in place for spam callers using off-pbx-telephone and a specific COR set aside for this. I've tried replicating this setup and adding in a coverage group to point the problem caller to, but I can only get it to perform exactly what the existing one is already doing by stopping a test number from getting through to anyone, or a bridged call is created, calling the origination point and including the number configured in off-pbx-telephone.

Is there something I'm missing that'd allow this to go through?

Thanks!

if your able to block the other calls then you should be able to be this caller so you must have programmed it incorrectly

I can block the number no problem, but we want the problem caller to be routed to one specific extension that has a coverage answer group linked to it, meaning that anyone in that group would have the call directed to them.

I've tried different options within the COR and the off-pbx setup in regards to the Calling Party Restrictions to see if that'd allow for this, but no luck yet.

the only way I know to do this is the extension called would need to be a vdn that goes to a vector and then you could tell it to go there when it sees that caller id but sounds like that is not an option so you may be out of luck

The VDN way is usually how I do this. Your program it something like
goto step 1 if ani = 318xxxxxxx

Being the person getting the calls doesn't want to get another number, you can setup a coverage path using SAC and the trigger. Setup next linkage to another path using only SAC.

It would look something like this..

Make path one do what it normally does with the exception of SAC. Make that a no..
add second path and make everything no except SAC and make that one yes. First point of coverage as the one you do want to handle those calls. Go to first path and add this second path as the "Next path number".

So what happens is this. The call comes in and his (or her) number shows up in the ANI. The person answering the calls hits sac. The call goes over to the person you want to answer the call. I do this here a lot for redirecting calls to cell numbers.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Thanks for that! Think this will be the best option to take. Will be add it in today.

If the call is coming to a specific user I typically put an entry into the incoming call handling treatment table for the users extension and have it replaced with a VDN. The associated vector does what Mikeydidit spelled out.. go to step if ani =xxxxxxxxxx which can be basically anything you want. if no match route to the actual users extension. You need the ANI though

If you have SIP trunks and a Session Border Controller, you might be able to write a rule on there to manipulate the header... if From sip-uri-user=3185551212, make To sip-uri-user=xxxxxxxxxx .... this can point directly to your user to to a VDN, but I suggest still pointing to VDN in case your "dedicated answerer" changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back