Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitelpassion

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2005
ZA
Hi,

Anyone have a view on how long RAC session are allowed? Would it cut of after a while?

Logic tells me is would record until such time as harddrive space runs out.

also is there a calculation to determine what file sizes will be based on the length (time) of the record a call session?

documentation states the total size of harddrive space that is allocated to voicemail so I have that covered ;)

Thanks in advance

I'd like to add to this post:

is there a limit per mailbox, size and time wise? Again from reading the on line help files there's no time limit or size limite per mailbox.
I understand message qty has a limit.

thanks again

There is only a number of messages limitation (50 default), not time. As for the duration, there is no set limit that I know of per call, it would go until it runs out of disk space. However, this could be a problem. Image for example that I have 10 mins of HDD space left, and I start a message. If EMEM saves as it goes and then runs out of disk space, I'm not sure what would happen to that file. It may not be properly closed, and may be corrupted.

What I've done for Rec a call is enabled VM to email and delete the message after sending. This way saves on 3300 space with is a premium compared to Exchange space, obvious limits then are the size of attachment you allow your exchange users to receive.

yeah, that was always the plan if the syste allowed a recording of no time limit. Set up forward to email and then delete straight away.

Thanks, you've pretty much confirmed what I thought to be the case.

Looking at recording around 45 min calls often.

I have had users record messages upwards of 45 to 50 minutes in length. The only issue with this is if the mail server can handle processing that big 50-60mb file. Though im running into a problem now with a users and thier 1+ hour call. but its definately mail server related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back