Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Realitis Voicemail set up 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecoman

Technical User
Aug 25, 2007
GB
How are the VDIR extensions in the Voicemail huntgroup connected to the internal Voicemail card?
A computer is used to maintain the Voicemail card - what programme is used for this?
Does anyone have a copy (or copy of a copy) of the Realitis Voicemail Technical Supplement?

Hi Telcoman,

Not sure what DX software level you are on, but my copy of revision 8 & 9 DX Electronic Publications has the DX-Messenger included with it. Scroll down on the home page & Messenger is included in the Peripheral Equipment/services section.

If you are on revision 7 or below, I would look around your comms room for a disc.
Alternatively it is 20Meg file. I am new to Tek-Tips. Is there a file sharing section?

Regards.

Hi CRM026,
Many thanks for coming back to me again.
I too am new to Tek-Tips. Not sure whether there is a file sharing section or not.
My set up this time is an iSDX - S running revision 7.1.
I do have the Siemens Realitis 6.1/6.2 Maintenance CD ROM but in all references to voicemail it refers you to the Realitis Voicemail Technical Supplement.
I wish to set up voicemail on this exchange but in my years of working on iSDX/Realitis I have never worked on one with voicemail.
I've sussed out a few things myself but any help with the points mentioned at the start of the thread would be greatly appreciated.
Very best regards,
Telecoman.

Hi again CRM026,
Regarding the 20 Meg file you refer to, you could respond to me on this if you have an Ebay ID via "Want It Now".
Just go into Google and put in "Realitis Voicemail Technical Supplement" and take it from there.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Very best regards,
Telecoman.

Hi CRM026,
Hope you received your information from me OK.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Very best regards,
Telecoman.

Hi Telcoman,

All received OK.
I am having a slight CD burning problem at the moment.
(I can't find the file to burn that I said I had.) The link in the rev9 electronic docs takes you to a page that has the part code for the CD, & my second source is failing as well.
I have been promised a copy from another source, so it will be on its way soon.

Regards,

CRM026

Hi Telecoman,

The disc is in the post this afternoon.
Hope it suits your needs.

Regards,

CRM026

Hi CRM026,
Disc received OK, many, many thanks - would like to correspond on one or two topics?
I think I have a faulty voicemail card after all this!!
The voicemail card is a 1HAC 50089 ABC - is this suffix ABC the same for all models of Realitis DX and iSDX ?
On an iSDX - S are the VDIR extensions in the voicemail huntgroup 'virtual' extensions set up on the channels in the voicemail card's extension slot or are they wired to the voicemail card backplane?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Very best regards,
Telecoman.

Hello Telecoman

I'm not sure about the suffix, but I think your card is a dx mail (rather than messenger card) and will fit in any switch. As for how to connect the extensions, you don't need to, as the card is really and extension interface with a voice mail bolted on. You just set the extensions up in software against the slot with the vmail card plugged in.

Good luck

Hi Dark5tar,
Thanks so much for your help.
Just another couple of questions.
I take it that the extensions set up on the voicemail slot can be any ones of the sixteen and in any order?
The iSDX I have has 2-slot extensions. Does the voicemail card need a CODEC or does it work like a SLIC-SLAC in dual slot mode?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Very best regards,
Telecoman.

hi

Depending on how many expansion cards are fitted the mail card will support 2 4 or 8 ports numbering from the lowest port first.

The card works like a slic/slac. select duel slot mode with switch one on the card (down = dual up = single)

to connect the v.24 port for programming you will need a isdt backplane and the cable

all the best

Hi dark5tar,
Again many thanks for your very helpful post.
I have the ISDT backplane but which cable do I use?
Is it a 2 Berg extension cable for example or a single Berg cable or whatever?
Do you have a Siemens or GPT part number for the cable?
What is the cable's Berg position in the ISDT backplane?
The Berg connector has 21 used pins (ABC 1 - 7) - which pins are used to connect to the V24 port? I have traced the V24 connections to the P1 connector on both a Realitis DX150E Voicemail filter card 1HAM 50087 and the same connections on a Realitis DX filter card 1HAM 50086 They are not the same which leaves me extremely confused as to which pins to use on an ISDT backplane!?
One last thing which I mentioned in my first post to this thread is what software program to use to talk to the voicemail card via the V24 port?
A lot of questions I know but I hope you can answer?
Look forward to hearing from you again.
Very best regards,
Telecoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back