Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R7

Status
Not open for further replies.

telprog

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
US
I have got 2 out of about 10 R7's with a bad port out of the box failures, It's not a problems as they are replaced promptly but I was just wondering if any of you have had the same problems with the R7's

A trusted source for years.

I used to have problems with the ACS R3's. So, I always brought two to an installation. The problem is the replacement if you don't bring a spare. Ever since, I always take an extra to avaoid the extra trip and the egg on my face.
-Chris

I am experiencing the same problem. I have been getting some bad R7's as well. I have had 3 or 4 of these so far with bad ports right out of the box which is very unusual.
I thought maybe it was something that may have happened during the install and somebody wasn't fessing up.
Don't take it wrong, but I'm glad to hear we aren't the only ones.
TBW

I'm so glad I took my own advice and have not used any 7.0's yet. I'll let you guys be the guinea pigs!

Let me know when they start shipping the R8.0's.

-Hal

I have had no problems with the R7. I've installed almost a dozen modules. Can anyone tell me if its me or that I never noticed this. I installed a R7 yesterday and the LED was red.I always remember it being green even with the R7
Does anyone no what new features are planned for the ACS.Thanks

mmico u mean the LED stays red even after the initialization?

SET CRTL ALT DEL = #728
-----------------------
greg

The system is working ok. I noticed that the red led stayed red after inialization.I figured this was something new. Everything is working ok. Maybe I did get an R7 out of the box?

I just got my first 7.0 in this week. Did some basic programming, Set up pool lines and names. The next morning when I came in the processor had a red alarm. Funny thing the time and date were still correct but the pool lines and names were gone. Reset system and re-programmed. Ever since, system has been ok. This 7.0 did not come with a back-up restore. went in a dome a manual back-up. Have not noticed any problems yet.....
Have to cut this system over friday..will let you all know if any more problems.

SO WHY SELL IT........................
THERE ARE MORE RELIABLE SYSTEMS OUT THERE...........

Johnny Guru, I like your website............

R7 has an internal backup in the processor. Cost effective for someone who doesnt want to buy the remote card.

R7 has multiple new features that work quite well.

Read your documentation.

Hi groundstart,
I am not seeing an unreliable system here. The more reliable systems I know of cost more $$$. I also know of some that cost more but are not as reliable.
Partner systems are one of my favorites to install for a number of reasons. One of which is the customer can take care of day to day changes. The other is flexability. I install and service other brands too, but the Partner is normally the best fit and that's why I sell it.
-Chris

I sell a ton of Partner equipment and have a very low failure rate and I agree with Chris, they are very user friendly and very reliable.

A trusted source for years.

Just want to add my opinion. There are a few things about the partner system I wish Avaya would address.But this is an excellent phone system for both the installer to install and the customer to maintain after the install. This system is very easy to program and has more features then the end user will ever need. I have had very few units bad out of the box if any and maybe a handful go bad in the field over time. This is a good system that works well.

I got somwhat dragged into selling partner , I picked up a lot of customers who had partner systems and then I discovred a refuber within easy driving distance who sells cheap .

I have grown to like the system and on the whole have found it reliable once you learn the shortcomings and how to deal with them

Hi skip555,
Don't you just hate it when you start to like the enemy? Just kidding.

You are right, Partners aren't perfect, but they are fun.

-Chris

Just finished an install on a 7.0. Worst thing was it was over the Holiday.....and of couse, if it can go wrong...
The owner of the company and his wife are ext 12 & 13. Can you guess which ports failed on the 7.0 Yep...their stations. Was able to get dialtone on butt set of first pair..I did a call foreward to spare stations to save the day. I'll have to get a hotshot in monday and re-program
system. Wish Avaya hadent changed the page port to a trunk.
Think I'll stay with the 6.0 for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back