Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quit Domino Server from Command Line 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewclarke

Programmer
Dec 8, 2000
IE
Is it possible to quit Domino Server from the command line.

The backup software is causing problems with some of the user mailboxes. I can run a program before and after the backup and one option I'm looking at is stopping the Domino Server for the duration of the backup. ;-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, nserver -q from the NT command line will shut down the server.

I should state, that the above is applicable if the server was started using nserver.exe, not via Services. If it was started via Services, you'll need to type {Net Stop "Lotus Domino Server"}, minus the squigglies

Thanks a lot. I'll post details of how I get on with this.

I would like to end and start Domino from a Linux batch file. Does anyone know how this can be done?

server -c "quit" will send the quit command to the console, you need to be in the correct directory to do this; /opt/lotus/bin

Hello,

I'm trying to stop a Domino server (6.5.3 PF1) on a W2K03 server using the command line "net stop" as domino is running as a service.

Domino is quite long to finish, so the net stop return an error after 2 minutes, while domino needs around 7 minutes to stop properly.

Is there any way to stop it quicker or make the net stop wait untill the end. Or maybe use domino n<command> to stop every task step by step ?

Thanks for you help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back