Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quiet Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatmiser

Technical User
Jun 30, 2000
US
I have a script that has to run a file called install.ins that changes Internet settings.&nbsp;&nbsp;The script works fine but the Internet Connection Wizard tells the user that the Internet settings are about to be changed and gives them the option of cancelling the install.&nbsp;&nbsp;How can I make this silent or maybe add something to the script that would simulate them clicking the OK button before the click the cancel button?&nbsp;&nbsp;I really hope that someone can help.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Jeff

Jeff I need a little more information? How is the file being used? ie. is it a batch containing scripts, is it being run after a user is logged in? Have you tried running it with SMS installer, or a third party piece of software.&nbsp;&nbsp;What settings are is SMS advertisements set for. <A HREF="mailto:murray.brewer@aig.com">murray.brewer@aig.com</A>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back