Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

quicktime resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmico

Technical User
Oct 19, 2005
SE
I work for a DVD authoring company and a client have requested .mov-files to be delivered to him on a DVD so that he can edit it himself using I-Movie. I am not familiar with I-movie at all, and I wonder what resolution delivers the best quality. Someone told me that low res .mov files can be just as crystal clear as high res mpeg2.

* I live in Sweden and the PAL specs for mpeg2 is 720 x 576. Is it the same for -mov files?

*What software do I need to capture video in this format?

Would be very grateful for a quick response, since this client is waiting for us to deliver.

Sincerly, Michael Nilsson, Sweden.

Download QuickTime - buy Pro (it allows you to export a movie).

Open your mpeg file, export to a mov file. You can play around with the various resolution and size settings to discover what gives you satisfactory clarity.

Sorenson Squeeze makes very nicely compacted .mov files from other types of video files (best program of its kind by far in my opinion).

Capture the clips to a quicktime movie at 720x576 using DV compression - a DV stream. This is the only format thats native to I-movie, sending any other format is fine, but his software will need to convert it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back