Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queues TroubleShoot... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditter

Programmer
Sep 11, 2000
FR
Hi there!

There is a OneWorld installation where Queues die on a randomly basis. I can't find useful info on WinNT Event Viewer log file to detremine why is it happening. By now I've created a script to shutdown and restart queues on a scheduled task to run daily. But it is usual to have queues an a "stoping" status after dayly cold backup, so Server shutdown is required. This is annoying!!!

What can I do for:

a) Determine why queues are dying
b) To make sure queueus will work after cold backup (*)

(*) Prior backup, JDE B733 Queue service is stopped,
then DB is shut down as well via a .cmd shell
script.

P.S.

- Using WinNT 4.0 Server
- Using JDE B733

I'll appreciate your help.

Thanks.

We are about the same, A W2K Network running B7333. We do a weekly bounce of the Enterprise and Logic servers. Basically stopping the Queue and Network service , then bouncing the server. Seems to keep them happy.

Right when we upgrading to Service Pack 20 we did have an issue with the Queue's randomly stopping. We ended up deleting the queue's and then re-adding them. Seems to clear up that issue. Once in a bglue moon the will lock up again, then just a bounce of the Queue service.

Lead, Follow of get the %&*#%$ out of the way !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back