Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions from interview... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyx

MIS
Dec 3, 2003
US
So I had an interview with a larger company and during it I was asked a couple questions I did not know the answer to. Wondered if you could help fill me in (just out of curiosity).

1. When updating CM...do you update the main CM first and then the other ones in different plants...or do those outliers first and then the main?
2. How can you update a skill of an agent without logging them out and back in?
3. Do H323 endpoints need to registered with Session Manger?

They also asked me if I currently worked with Avaya Red or Avaya Blue...which I had never heard before. But have since Googled and think I am Avaya Red. Which is just normal old Avaya right?

Thanks for any input you have!

1 Outliers first and main last
2 dont know
3 dont know
Avaya red = Avaya products and Avaya blue is Nortel.

leftyx,

2. To my knowledge ACD agent must logout and back in to update changes
3. H.323 endpoints register to CM, SIP endpoints register to Session Manager

You can use CMS supervisor to change an agent on the fly.

Not so sure about the last post, unless something has changed the agent will need to log out before the change(s) are applied.

Change an agent via CMS is straight forward. If the agent is in an available state it will take effect immediately, if the agent if currently occupied then it will take effect when the agent becomes available. You will see in the CMS reports that the agent logged out and right back in even though the agent did not do it.

If the change is made on the PBX then the agent must logout and back in for it to take effect.

H.323 endpoints don't register to Session Manager. SIP endpoints do.

Kevin

We assume updating CM means upgrading.. in the case you do the cores last.
not sure about loggin in and out an agent, but I'd lean toward that having to happen to accept a change
H.323 registers to CM.. SIP to ASM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back