Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quantum M2500 error 2401

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadbadger

Technical User
Oct 24, 2006
GB
I have a library which keeps on coming up with this message each time its powered on. I know its a comms error, but even without the Scsi cable attached to the server it still does it, any ideas?
Also when the library fails with a tape stuck in a drive, it won't come ready, is there anyway of disableing the faulty drive via the library?

What version of firmware are you running in the library? You should be able to press any key on the GUI and clear the message. The library should still be functional and you can power off the drive through the front panel. The 2401 is a microcode issue with the library.

Andy

Roadbadger, I guess you may have resolved this after 2 months but CHK 2401 is a non specific librarian error probably as a result of something else going wrong. You mentioned faulty tape drives. Could be related to that. You can power off drives via the maintenance screen through the front panel. If you're interested I could walk you through it. I hope your not still in trouble 2 months on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back