Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Pull Now'/'Replicate Now' Commandline parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

cottonpants

Technical User
May 27, 2003
CA
Hi - I'm having issues getting my Scheduled Tasks working and NAI is still working on the problem.

In the meantime they provided me with instructions on how to run a Pull Now from the command line (and then use Windows Scheduled Tasks to run it).

Unfortunately they didn't give me any parameter options other than what they assumed I use - which isn't.

narepl32.exe /TaskID=0 /Mirror=NAIFtp /LegacySupport=0 /MoveToPrevBranch=0 /TargetBranch=Current

I can pretty much guess what I need for the Pull, but I need to "Replicate Now" too.

Does any one know what they are? Running "narepl32 /?" didn't give me anything...

Yeah that's basically a slice out of the book, doesn't say much more than what they gave you, but you know you can use Auto Update Architect. It's basically they're repository piece seperated from EPO...and I think it's free... I almost had to use it, having the same problem you are, but after a couple of reboots the server tasks started running again.... it was weird....

Doh!!

Xavier2, What book are you referring? I have been looking for a way to do this and was told command line was not an option! If they have docs on it, then I can bring it to their attention.

Thanks

P.S. Just started the forum, sorry to reply to a month old thread.

There is another thread on this - NAI finally gave me the command line stuff - here's the site replication command:

Narepl32.exe /TaskID=0 /Replicate [/Incremental]

/Incremental is optional for incremental replication instead of full replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back