Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Projecting Dates into a subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindmaster

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2001
GB
Can You help...

I use a database to keep debtors details and repayment plan details. This is made up of a main form and a subform the main form has the customers details the subform contains the dates the customer is due to make payments.

The customer agrees to pay their balance weekly over anything from 1-20 weeks. Currently the user of the Db has to enter each date using the Active X calander control this inputs a default date into the subform data sheet. Next field on the subform instalment amount which the total balance divided by the agreed number of weeks also recorded on the Main form, This value is defaulted into the datasheet. Then in the 3rd visable field is the method payment also defaulted by the method stateded on the main form. The subform is linked to a seperate table that just contains these 3 fields and the customers ID.

The problem is i want the user to select the number of weeks on the main form and then the dates to be project into the sub form weekly for the alotted weeks so 7 days from to day then 14, 21 and so on until the number of weeks is reached each record must contain the amount field (total balance/weeks) and the method defaulted to say (Combox4).

I understand a function should be used but i can't figure it please if any one understands this and knows what it should please please let me know..

N.B i don't need to allow for holidays or week ends just weekly dates from todays..

thanks so much for reading this and i would be really gratefull if you can replie..

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back