Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progress Meter possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptCrusty1

Programmer
Feb 17, 2005
US
I have a macro which contains about 116 queries. Instead of an hour-glass to watch, I'd like to be able to give the user some sort of idea of where the process is, what its doing, and how close to being done it is.

1 and 2. Where it is, easy, messag box that says "you are here" essentially, before each step executes.

3. Progress meter:

0%---------25% 100%

something along those lines.

any ideas? snippets I can borrow/steal/sell to my mother-in-law?

I've never heard of this being done is access, however, people on this board are pretty resourcefull.

Thanks.
Crusty

I live to work and I work to live.

You can use the SysCmd function to perform one of the following functions:

· Display a progress meter or optional specified text in the status bar.

You could create a public function and insert it into the macro at certain points to update a displayed form. If you pass a parameter of %complete then have the function update the form. Remember to add a doevents after changing the form so the display can update before running the next query. One way to do the progress meter is to use two text boxes where one's with is the percentage time the other widths.

Stix 42
Long Live Rock and Roll
Pop is for drinking

You could also start with searching some of the Access fora with the terms; progress bar, progress meter, as there as been some coverage of this through the times - post back with specific questions ...

Roy-Vidar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back