Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with DSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpegote

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2001
ES
Two weeks ago I set my Definity's time. Since then, when I want to visualize the processor occupancy and call traffic with DSA 1.8, in history box, I receive an error message like: "Incomplete processor occupancy and call traffic measurements - data ignored." Does anybody know what's happening?

Thanks.

Try to delete the scheduled task from DSA/ASA and re-schedule it, then try again. If this doesn't work, go to the avaya/dsa/user directory and delete the Processor Occupancy and Call Traffic1.dat file. You loose all your old data, but if the file's corrupted...nuthin' you can do 'bout it I'm afraid.
Questions? Shoot!

Good luck!
Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

Thanks mcopini but I've previously tried the two options and none of the two have worked.
I've also unistalled the program and the remaining directory Avaya\... and when I reinstall the program ,the processor occupancy and call traffic, continues without working.

Just a hunch:
try the permissions of the login DSA uses to login and collect data from the switch; maybe the permissions are no for Display Admin. and Maint. Data and system measurements. Just check, maybe change if possible and try again. Good luck and please let me know if it worked!
Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

mcopini, after all, I wanna thank you for all your help.
I've checked all this parameters and all of them are set to YES. Any suggestion?

Did you try the commands: list measurements load-balance and list measurements summary, list measurements occupancy summary etc.? It may be, that if one of these commands works wrongly, your .dat file is incomplete. I've informed which commands exactly are used for these tools in DSA / ASA, but I think you'll have to ask AVAYA.

Good luck and please let me know if you find out what's up!

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

I've tried all this commands directly to my Definity System and all of them have worked perfectly.
I've also tried to obtain the processor occupancy and call traffic in all our 4 Definity Systems and all of them have returned the same result:"Incomplete processor occupancy and call traffic measurements - data ignored."
I really think the problem is in my DSA, not in our Definitys.

What do you think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back