Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems since SP5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkailas

Programmer
Jun 10, 2002
US
Since I've installed SP5 I've lost functionality with Interdev. For one, I no longer have the tabs at the bottom of Design/Source/Quick View. Interdev also no longer pops up the window with possible methods.. such as when I type
Response. the window listing like write, redirect, etc. doesn't pop up. Also, everything between the <% %> is higlighted in yellow instead of just the begin and end markers. This makes my code difficult to read.

Is there a way to completely uninstall Visual Studio so that I can reinstall? I have tried many times and I must be missing a step or something because when I do remove then install, I have the same broken system!

Any ideas would be helpful.

I had that problem once, not because of SP5. I just re-installed the entire VS, then re-installed SP5 and it worked correctly.

You can totaly remove it by going to the Control Panel, select Add Remove Programs. From there you will have to option to remove it completely.

REMEMBER to backup all of your apps before doing the uninstall if they are in the default folders!

Rob
Just my $.02.

Thanks a lot for the info...

Excuse the cliche, But I can always rely on Tek-tips in guiding me to the right direction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back