Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Using a View with SSIS Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

skabutch

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2010
US
Let me begin by saying I am totally new to SSIS Packages. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio/SQL Server 2008 to create the SSIS package. I am attempting to import a tab-delimited text file into a sql database. The package works fine when I use one table. However, I need to populate multiple sql tables with the information in this tab-delimited file. Each table has a SEQ column and TEMP_ID column that must be populated for each record. In the view I have to use an alias for these two columns for each table as sql will not let me create the view with duplicate column names. To accomplish this I have created a view of the multiple tables, but it keeps erroring out (see attachment for error message). Any thoughts on how to move forward on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

could you paste the error message not everyone has access to online storage sites.

MDXer - Sorry it has taken longer than expected to to get back to this forum. I appreciate your advice regarding pasting the code in body of the message and will do so as needed in the future.

In regard to my problem using a View, yesterday I built a control flow for each table with an associated data flow and this solved the problem - no need to use a view. Thanks for your kindness in responding to my initial posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back