Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem playing games using OpenVPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

willieaames

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2015
US
I'm running an OpenVPN server in bridged mode and clients can successfully connect, see shared folder and play LAN games that let you enter the LAN IP address. However I'm unable to play games like Sacred Underworld I believe because it sends out broadcast packets. The game doesn't even show up in the list of games on the client machine.
I'm new to OpenVPN but I think this may be related to either of the following two issues:

1) I may need a route of some sort to allow the broadcast packets to be handled correctly (though am unsure how to set this up)

2) My VPN runs on a different subnet than my router. I.e. my home network is 192.168.1.xx and my VPN uses something like 10.0.0.xx. Is it possible that I need to get my VPN to share the same subnet as my actual network (i.e. 192.168.1.xx)? If so how can I set this up?
VPN Provider:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back