Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROB W/ WIN2K LOGING INTO SERVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo0000

Technical User
Feb 1, 2001
US
I have a win2k server and i am trying to log into it w/ my win2k pro machine. When i set the domain it asks me for username and password then i get an error message "Cannot find network path". I know the server works because my win9x machines will log into it.

Have you made sure that your extension of the domain you are logging into is correct? i.e. usually when you set up your domain it will ask you for a fully qualified domain name with a .extension (.com, .net, or if none is registered, .local) Hope that helps.

Mike

Hmmmm, I dunno about that. Of course it depends on your domain name. If your (network not internet) domain is Company.com then you need to log in to Company.com; however if the domain is Company, you should be logging into Company.

Have you checked 1) the hardware? Are you getting green lights on the NIC and hub to indicate a good connection. And 2) the network settings on the W2k Pro machine? Network mask, gateway, etc.

HTH

Sean

Have you added your win2k pro client to the active directory?

Matt Ziegler
CNE MCSE
MATGZ@IP-PRO.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back