Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

radvibes

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2002
US
I am having a weird issue with printing in windows 2k pro.

I have looked all around google and microsoft for an answer and cant find one. I am not able to go into the printers folder by going through the start menu or by going through the control panel or by running control printers commancd from the prompt. It will just not let me open it whatsoever.

What started this problem was a certain app that when the user tried to print, said no printers installed. I know that there are printers installed. Now no matter what app I am in IE or word, or even the control panel if I try to do anything with printing, I get a not responding on the app.

Any help would be great.

thanks

Jeff

I have a couple questions:

Do you have administrative rights to the local machine?

Are you logged on to a domain?

Do other users login to that pc user there own login created in windows or is there a standard user?

Yes I have tried with the user and with admin

We are actually using novell 5.1 and they are logged into the tree, and others do have access to the machine, but it is a desktop and noone else has actually logged on to that PC yet.

They are local printers with tcpip printing

If it is local. Why would you use TCP/IP? or is it installed using a jet direct card?

Our Hp printers have jetdirect cards in them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back