Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dphoneguy24

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
US
I have a customer that has a PRI service from a Service provider that is allowing them to dial other locations with just 4-digit extension numbers. The customer has to dial 9 first and then the 4-digit extension number of the other location. If you don't press the # sign after dialing the 4 digits the call will not go through - it comes up incomplete. They would like to be able to use this with Trunk to Trunk transfer. I have tested by calling one location, then had the user press transfer, 9, then the 4-digit extension number of a phone at another location. It would only work if they followed the 4 digit extension number with the # key. What do I have to do so they wouldn't have to hit the #? In the PRI setup or ARS or both?

Thanks,
Dphoneguy24

I believe the problem is that PRI sends all digits dialed, unlike PRI with UDP from merlin to merlin, where you tell the merlin the max digits to expect. As in the merlin system the # key si an end of dialing.

I only want to send the digits that are dialed. The problem is the only have to dial 4 digits and I believe that with PRI the system expects a minimum of 7 digits. Is there a way I can setup the PRI to set up the call after 4 digits without having to press the # at the end? The provider of the PRI service has their system setup for the 4-digit routing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back