Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Premise System Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2007
US
I am hoping there is a cable plant guru out there who is feeling helpful. I am a phone/fiber tech by expertise with enough coax experience to do installs, but engineering/design is out of my forte.

I am a tech at a larger resort; multiple buildings across the site connected to the main building. 99% of the property is fed from the hospitality video system (including PPV and 4 in house channels). In the last few months we added a Blonder Tongue modulator to add local HD channels into our lineup. While doing this though, we had to take out some channels because we ran out of "room".

What is the limiting factor? Is it our plant? I am fairly certain we are going over .500 or .625 and feel this could be the choke point.

I am trying to look into the future as we add more HDTVs and channels on property, so we can fully utilize everything.

Appreciate any thoughts.

mk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back