Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pre/Post Command - BE 11d - 7170

Status
Not open for further replies.

withanh

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2008
US
I'm having problems with my pre/post commands not running. I have been playing around with them trying to make them a little more functional, like adding logging, etc.

They started out as .bat files, and I have changed them to .vbs files because VBScript is much more powerful than a batch file. I know my .vbs files are good, they run correctly when clicked from explorer, but the logging doesn't update when run as a pre/post command from BE, which tells me they aren't running.

My question is what types of files can you have as a pre/post command? If it cannot be .vbs then I'll make the pre/post commands back to batch files that call my .vbs. The job with the pre/post command isn't scheduled to run until Friday and I don't want to wait a week to find out.

FYI the pre/post commands are for Symantec Enterprise Vault. They stop the Vault services, change Vault to read only (a couple registry updates) then restart the Vault services. Vault is on another computer which is why the batch file does't work that well. If someone has a better idea for setting Vault to read only during the backup, I'm open to that as well. Of course the post command puts Vault back into read/write mode.

Thanks for any assistance.

h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back