Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedrock1

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
US
Can anyone share their experiance with how to successfully post a MS Powerpoint presentation onto a web site. I'd like it to run on the server if possible, though this is not totally necessary. Right now the presentation automatically downloads to the user's PC and when it runs it does not fill the screen like the original version and the transisitions between slides doesn't always take place in the manner that the original does.

Have you already used the "Save as Webpage" from the File menu? Once you click that, you will come to a menu and there is a "Publish" button. Click that and you can setup how you want your presentation to display (ie. complete presentation or selected slides etc). It converts your presentation to an html document that you can upload to your web server.

This may be the answer I am looking for. Can you embed a powerpoint presentation in a webpage and make it autorun? I am looking for a way to run an intro, but don't have time to learn Flash.

coachdan32

Thanks for responding but, I tried that and the results are not what I desire. I want the viewer to be able to view the presentation full-screen with all the slide transistions and sounds etc. in place, as in the original presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back