Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerEdge 1600SC Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytaurus2000

Technical User
Oct 4, 2006
US
Can anyone tell me if the PowerEdge 1600SC runs well with either a T1 or fractional T1 line?

Very well, but I suspect that's not the real question you're asking. What are you trying to do exactly? Host a mail server? VPN? Something else?

I have an office with about 8 users. But we are debating if T1 line would benefit our company. In the near future we will be downloading large documents, and also need to run static ip addresses.

Want to weigh if the benefits are worth the cost.

Do you have any kind of internet connection now? A T1 line will transfer up to 1.54 Megabits per second (approx 154 Kilobytes/sec) in both directions.

I have both a T1 and 2 ADSL at my office in Canada. The T1 is slower on downloads but much faster on Uploads. Since I do server hosting, the Upload is more important for me. With the T1 I get a quicker reponse time if it ever goes down but it also costs 3 times as much !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back