Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post Message not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew2400

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2007
US
Is anyone have a problem using the PostMessage action in VMPRO? I have the latest (not the Chain Store) load and all of a sudden it stopped working.

I record a wav file, ask for extension which is sent to $KEY and then send post message to PAGE:$KEY

Now, it goes through the process and deletes the WAV file like it is supposed to upon delivery (I have it checked to do so). However, nothing is heard.

Drew

Ahem.... Is this thing on? Testing 1..2..3..

Wich verison is it on ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

same here. upgraded to VMPro 4.1(40) and the Post Dial action that used play a wav file over paging (Page:*79) has stopped working.

Another case of fix one bug, create another from Avaya.

4.1.40 has a problem with wav files
There is a pb for it

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

tlpeter:

That would explain alot. I'm on the latest (not chain store).

Well, let's hope they fix it in 4.2....

Drew

I don't believe post dial with paging is inherently brokein in 4.1.12/VMPro 4.1.40 - I have a customer that uses this feature to announce a call waiting in queue and it seems to work fine. But we're not re-recording the .wav with every call...
Mike

pintboy
I have the same problem.

If I post dial the extension the phones ring and play the message. If try paging nothing happens.

It worked fine in 4.0 before upgrade.

Mike, If your customer is working how do they have it set up?
Is it to a group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back