Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadang

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2005
US
Hey,

Can anyone recommend All-In-One Terminals that you feel are the right bet for Aloha or any other Windows based point of sale software? I know that Radiant would be one choice but they seem kinda pricey but i know you get what you pay for.

We are having some problems with the equipment that we now use and want to get away from them. We have more service calls on this stuff and they die just about the time the tech leaves the job. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Brian

You get what you pay for, except with Radiant. I agree that they are overpriced and those dedicated rj12 serial ports render them useless for any other software because they don't work with OPOS drivers, only their softwares.
I have good luck with Posiflex 5800, but lots of people have different opinions. Search this forum for similar questions.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

We have switched to selling the p1220 from the posiflex. I have had very good reviews from my customers.the posiflex seem to have a very high backlit failure rate. only time will tell about the 1220,but with the replace vs repair service model
I think you win.

My two cents:

Call me a dinosaur, but we still actively sell two piece units, with separate MSR, screen, and computers (such as the Touch Dynamic mentioned). I would be the first to agree they don't look as pretty as the all-in-ones, but consider the functionality. When something goes bad (and eventually, it will), you're out only that part (monitor, mag card reader, etc). Swap out is very easy, and for all you do-it-yourselfers trying to do things on the cheap, this is a huge benefit.
Who wants to send out their whole POS station for repair for a bad MSR?

For a service perspective, the same applies. If a customer calls me on Friday night and needs to borrow a monitor, no sweat. Any old touch screen will do, they don't care, as long as it works. Better than keeping a bunch of all in ones around as loaners, IMHO.

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back