Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

please how can i run a executable under Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rargi2001

Programmer
Dec 5, 2001
AR
Hello, my name is Rmaon and i have recently programmed a system under windows 98. When i tried to run the exe program under Windows XP, there is an error. I would like to know if there's any imcompatibility between foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP. If there's any patch or update, please let me know where to find it and how to use it.
thank you very much for your time and help.

ramon gimenez

What kind of error are you getting? Is this a FoxPro DOS or FoxPro for Windows application? I've been running both under XP Pro for weeks. What was the speed of your CPU under 98? Is it a faster machine running XP?

Rick

I had the same problem
I tried in two different cpu (celeron 400, and Intel Pentium 900) and I got the same error.

I was using a spanish version of XP

the software itself dont work.

What doesn't work? What version of FoxPro - DOS or Windows? Is it the development environment, or is it an application that you know was built in FP? If it's FP DOS, does it use the runtime, or is it a stand-alone .EXE?

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back