Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX Console Timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

landrew5

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
US
Fellow PIX Gurus,

I have a PIX 515 w/ PIX software 5.3 on it. I can't seem to find a way to timeout the physical console on the PIX firewall. With my laptop plugged into the console port, I can go into configuration mode. If I disconnect my laptop, without exiting configuration mode, and come back the next day, plug my laptop in, the terminal shows exactly where I left off.

What I would like is for the session to timeout and I would have to login again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

-Lloyd

telnet timeout 60

hope thats what you need beecee
confused as a baby in a topless bar

Thanks for the prompt response. In the configuration, I already has the "telnet timeout 1" command in there, yet I still do not have to login after a lengthy period of time. I put in the "telnet timeout 60" anyway with the same result.

Does the telnet command apply only to telnet connections?? Is there a command to apply to the physical console??

-Lloyd

Silly me, thats what I get for cliff note approach at 0 dark 30.

if your using aaa authentication serial console TACACS+ then you may want to check your timeout on your tacacs+

I'm actually trying to figure it out too! I always telnet in.

Tell me what happens

The telnet timeout xx command sets the timeout for telnet session only. There is no timeout for the console connections on the pix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back