Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Physical Database Not Found :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurlfob

Programmer
Oct 29, 2001
US
My reports used to be working on client machine and suddenly stopped working. I use VB6+SQLServer2000_CR8 and I distributed p2solddb.dll along with my package and everything was great. Don't why it's stopped working. Any help will be hightly appreciated. Thanks. I made sure to check off the server index too.

Physical database not found typically means that the ODBC DSN the report uses is a)not on the machine where it is being executed or b)is pointed at an invalid location. Check your DSN setup on the machine in question.

Non-ODBC connections work in a similar manner. Check datavase, set location for teh physical address of the datbase i.e. M:\Macola\Data

Check your drive mapping as well. If I write a report from m:\Macola\Data and the network drive is mapped to a different drive letter on another machine, this can cause problems. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

If the above doesn't work:

Check the version of P2s0dbc.dll on the PC running the application.

If the version number is 8.0.0.84 go to the Crystal Decisions web site and search for a download of P2sodbc.dll. They have a new version, 8.0.0.85, which has resolved problems with our application after we upgraded to Crystal 8. We were experiencing similar things.

Hope this helps

Bill :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back