Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone manager cant transfer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickofphones

Technical User
Jun 15, 2004
GB
we have a cusstomer on 3.2 who is using a combination of phone manager light and pro. Some of the users cannot carry out a supervised transfer using the transfer button but they can do a blind transfer. When they try to do a supervised transfer the display looks like they are trying to ring themselves. Any ideas?????

I have tried uninstaling and reinstalling the software to no avail. i have logged on pcs's that are working with exts that werent and this works but if i try to log the pcs that arent working on with exts that do work they still dont work. the exts are all on different phone 30's and the pcs are all on different switches. all the pcs that are having the problem are all xp machines but they are all different machines.

I belive you are using 3.2.55 PM?
If you are - this is a bug in the software.
Downgrade to 3.2.28 this works fine.

many thanks. had another engineer go back and downgrade the phone managers and they now work. Interesting as our support in the uk say there are no known bugs in this level of PM

I have had the same issue with the very latest maintanance release of 3.2 you would think this would have been resolved?

Then your support is incorrect. There are always bugs!!!!

To be fair to your distributor though, you cant really phone them and say what known bugs are there? It doesnt work like that.

If you have a particular issue then the quickest way to a resolution/answer is to get screen shots of the issue and send them over with a cfg etc and a detailed description of the issue.

This will then be recreated and either confirmed as a bug and raised to tier three, or you mqay be told user error etc.

Sometimes i get people phone and ask are there any known bugs with a certain version of soft ware, its not a fair question really, there are always bugs and i couldnt possibly sit here and list them. You may never find some bugs because you use the system a particular way.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back