Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phaser 740 printer image problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdskier

Technical User
May 28, 2003
US
I have a 740 that leaves a blank space 3 or 4 times down the page, it changes from page to page in the distance from the top of the page to the first, but they are consistant after that, 3 inches from one to the other. They are a consistant at 2 and a quarter inches from the left side of the page. consistant through colors. I tried changing to another image kit, from another machine but it was still there. Tried to swap out the fuser, still there, any ideas? The spot is about the size of a finger or thumb print, and doesn't change in shape or size, it is also not totally white but shaded into the middle and totally white there.

Blemishes 63.5 to 88.9 mm (2.5 to 3 in.) apart, probably a defect on the transfer roller.

RDSKIER,
If you have blemishes 2.5 to 3 in. apart it's probably a defect on the transfer roller. All other parts that can cause a repeating spot would be closer to 5 in. apart. Sounds like you have another printer near by, try swapping the tranfer roller from the paper feed assembly in door A to the "trouble" machine and see if that clears it up.

I've dredged up this old thread because I'm having the identical problem with my 740... I tried all of the above recommendations (including changing my transfer kit.) No luck :(

Exactly like "rdskier's" symptoms, I have small white smudges along the right side of every page in every color at 3" intervals.

Anyone solve this problem or have other suggestions? (Have already replaced imaging unit, fuser, and transfer kit. Toners are all relatively fresh and are OEM Tektronix.)

Thanks for any help here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back