Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCL5 command print doudle sided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avgerinos

Programmer
Feb 10, 2020
BE
Dear,
My apologies if it's already explained overhere (i took a look but can't really find the code).
From an application i have to print using PCL5. We are using preprinted papers but we must print some fields from the application on those papers. One field should be printed on the back of the paper. I'm using a duplex printer but can't manage to send a piece of text on the back of paper via PCL5.

Any help would be much appreciated.
I've tried the {=chr(27)}&l2S commands but he always prints a second place.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Bert

It is pretty simple really. Use <esc>&l1S at the very beginning of the job to enable duplex printing. Now it is up to you to keep track of which side you are printing.

After you have filled the fields on the front side, issue a formfeed, Chr(12), and that will put you onto the back page. Fill in the field there followed by another formfeed to clear the page from the printer.

The behavior you are seeing is probably that when you issue your duplex command there is printable data in the buffer and the printer prints the existig data and ejects the page before it reacts to the duplex command.

Jim Asman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back