Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

candle20

Technical User
Aug 1, 2002
GB
Can anyone help me with a password protection function.
I have a variety of pages within a director movie but I only want certain pages to be available to particular clients. Is there some way of protecting all the pages and only allowing a particular page to be viewed after inputing a designated password?

Well, you could eaither hard code the password in your code in which case it cannot be changed at a later date, or you can store it on the users system in encrypted form which would allow the authorized users to change their passwords.
Encryption can be done in a number of ways. If you can clarify which method is more suitable for you, then I may be help you better.
Mayuresh

We are making an interactive video project. We have up to 10 quicktimes and have been advised to make separate movies linked using lingo. But we would also like to include a ‘time out’ which halts the movie, at a point selected by us, taking the user to another pre set movie.
Is there a way of including an overarching timer/counter that will work over all of the separate movies? We have considered putting all the quicktimes into one movie and using markers to jump to the next sequence however due to the varying levels of interactivity in each quicktime this may not be sensible? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back