Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters and Stored Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazza

Technical User
Aug 21, 2000
NZ
I am new to ServiceCentre and am using 6.0.2.0.

What I would like to do is create a stored query that a user can be prompted for a date which in turn would become part of the query, and display the results.

ie. All calls closed on <enter date>

Can anybody point me in the right direction on whether this is possible, and if so, where would I start.

Thanks in advance

Where are you trying to call this from? Button on a form/menu?

The easiest way I can think of would be to use scripts. First script displays a format prompting user for a date. Second one calls query.stored. The field in the format would be the variable that is then in the query line of the stored query. Don't forget that everything is date/time automatically, so your query will have to be like this:

date(close.time)=date($variable)

Thanks for the response.

Silly question time, when you place a button onto a form - how do you associate the script with the click event of the button?

Thanks

the button ID would either match a line in the menu record if a menu format, or a displayoption in an application format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back