Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pansonic MOH 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattKnight

Programmer
May 10, 2002
GB
I have a MOH player connected to a KX-TDA15. Even with the gain on the PBX set to 11, the audio quality is very poor (buzz and hum).

I have tried many varieties of lead (stereo to mono, mono to mono etc)

Still no different!
Any ideas? Even some specification on the MOH port would be good (impedance etc)...

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

go to radio shack and get a audio ground loop isolator
or do a web search online....

Good call, I reckon it is a an earth loop issue!

radio shack

I take it you mean Tandy (in the UK) ;-)

Have done this for every install? We seem to have the same issue with virtually every pana install we do. Is this a known "feature" with the KXTDA?

Thanks

Take Care

Matt

you could case earth the moh unit to the earth point
on the tda and it might help as well but who knows...

In fact, I can "solve" the problem by soldering a lead onto the ground lead of the 3.5mm jack and connecting that to the PBX ground.

It appears that our MOH player has a floating ground, which the KXTDA doesn't like....

* for cwc3

Take Care

Matt

I am indeed - Leeds based

Take Care

Matt

What you need is what we call a LIU ( Line Isolatoin Module) which will remove any of the hum and noise. Where to get it would be your local Tandy, Dick Smith or even your local telephone company near by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back