Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankdaphoneguy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2005
US
I need help!! I have a BCM 400, and a Bogen TPU 250 paging amp. In order to connect the paging output from the BCM to the Bogen we had to solder two wires onto a jack to plug into the BCM page output and connect them to the back of the amp. But the feedback is brutal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you are getting feedback you should check the location of the speakers vs location of the handset trying to page.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

thats the problem, bogen designed the speaker layout and they are all over the damn store, not a phone in the store more than 10 ft. from a speaker location.

As stated by johnthephoneguy feedback is a product of being to close to the speakers while paging.You can turn some of them down, but then you may not hear everything u need, but you may be able to turn them down systematically and get lucky (worth a shot). You could also invest in a digital feedback terminator, but they are not free. A link to the spec pdf is below.

Valcom Feedback Eliminator

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

We tried the DTF120 today to no avail, we are trying to figure out why the DTF 120 completely kills the paging when it is installed.

Ok 1st problem sort of solved...speakers to close to sets.
Then move the speaks or the phone.

or as suggested the feed back device.

You say it completly kills the page?
Not sure what you mean.

When you make a page it then a few seconds later repeats over the paging system, it is does not then 1. you wired it wrong or 2. you have a faulty device wich I doubt if it was new.

Not sure why Valcom above would be mention on a Bogen system, keep them the same.

Bogen has great support, did you call them to troubleshoot and what was the outcome????

Hard to hep if we have no idea what you have done, programmed or wired.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Another thing that you could try is to order a noisy location handset. Algo makes a good one,just google algo noisy location handset. Although not specifically designed to eliminate feedback I have had good luck with them before.Could be a cheap fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back