Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outside Message Retrieval

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecielo

Technical User
Sep 2, 2002
US
I have a Definity G3 Release 8.1. For voice mail we are using Audix. How do I set up access for users to retrieve their voice mail while away from work?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I think what you need is "outcalling".

1 Login to Audix and see if outcalling is enabled. (ch sys out)

2 Check the COS to see if the subscriber is allowed to setup outcalling.

3 Dial the Audix group number and login with the extension number and password. Choose option 6 to setup outcalling.
(for example to your mobile, but don't forget the ARS access code)

Now the Audix will call this number when a message is left for this person.

Note:

Make sure the COR of the audix entensions in the Definity allows these numbers.

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

You can also set up a VDN which points to your audix hunt group. The user then dials the VDN and is asked to enter the extension number they want to pick up mails from. John

Agree with scottyjohn,
but make sure all users set the password on their box,
as you expose your Audix to the world when you do that.
If they dial from fixed numbers like GSM's, you can verify their ANI's against a list on the vector before you give them the choice to enter the AUDIX.

Rob.

Definatly agree with telcoguy about the passwords and thats easy, you can control the minimum length for the password.
You don't need to have outcalling turned on for what you want, that is just to notify someone who is away that they have a message. VDN... not really necessary. I think the easiest would be if you have an auto attendant set up and
have a did number coming in to it, they can just enter the ext no. of the audix hunt group.

OK

Just make sure the huntgroup number is a DID.

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

If they are using DID's why not have them log in from their own greeting ...call their DID # and dial *7 from greeting
or for that matter make it a dial function of off auto attendant to call Audix ....most people would remember their own DID#

but the best and quickest why to go is making the Hunt group a DID just as Brandaris has said ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back