Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook slooow open

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpatrick

Technical User
May 16, 2001
US
Not always but to often when I attempt to open Outlook it hangs and doesn't open up for several minutes... I have restarted and get the same results. I have checked for other progems running to try to get something that was causing it but can't find anything. If I get impatient I can look at the processes and see multiple instances running but even if I stop all but one it doesn't speed things up. Has anyone seen this and maybe have a solution besides a wipe and reload of the OS.

Thanks

Jay

I had the same problem as you a while back. I could't find anything way to fix it, so I put in the Office XP CD and did a repair installation. After that it worked 100% fine. If you can't find a way to fix it, I am sure that will.

thanks a bunch for the reply.... I will have to try the upgrade to XP my coworkers keep telling me it is the fixall but ... still holding my 2000 ground, I am stubborn!

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back