Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook moving a *.pst file..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

trotter

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
CA
I have a W98 PC on a LAN and now my boss wants to move his pst from the W98 PC to his Laptop. His W98 PC is Outlook2000
and his Laptop is ME.
I'm not to sure how to transfer his *.pst from the W98 to the Laptop. Is it at easy as installing Outlook 2000 on the Laptop creating the settings and then just importing the pst over the Lan or is there something else that needs to be done. THANKS.

That is pretty much it. Install Outlook 2000, copy the .PST file over (same old COPY and PASTE function) to the new location and then add the Personal folder component and the PST file will be acknowldged on the laptop.

Thanks.
Is there an issue if he has the Laptop connected to the LAN & the w98 PC connected to the LAN and both of them having the same pst on them..just wondering.

Only one Outlook session can have access to a .pst file even if you have the file on a network location. You will be denied access to the .pst file if you try to connect to it from more than one Outlook session.

So as long as only one is connecting it's ok.
Cheers, appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back