Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nctechno

Technical User
Sep 10, 2005
US
Got a computer in the office that as of today, it started, all by itself, sending all new mail to the trash folder. I tried looking under tools/options and see if there was a setting that had been changed by the user in error but no-go for me. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Don't know why it happened. Take a backup of the OE Store folder with OE closed (find it in TOOLS, OPTIONS, MAINTENANCE, STORE FOLDER)

Then you can try
1) Deleting the folders.dbx file and restart OE and see what happens.

2) Delete ALL the files in the OE data store folder and then IMPORT your messages into the "new" mailbox from the backup files.

Did you check Message Rules in the tools menu?

THanks for the tips. Since I past posted this question, Outlook has allowed some email to come into the in folder while others go directly into the deleted folder. What should I be looking for in the Message Rules of the tools menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back