Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook, Delete Selected Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcj

MIS
Feb 23, 2001
US
I have 2 PC, Both NT workstations, one with Outlook 2000 and the other with Outlook 98. This doesn't happen all the time just every once in awhile.
If they read an email and then close it and then have it highlighted and press the delete key they will get the message"Are you sure that you want to permanently delete the selected item(s)? Yes or No
It will delete the item totally, you can't even go into the recovery.
This message is different then the one when they exit and get "Are you sure you want to permanently delete all the items and subfolders in the deleted items folder"

The other problem when they get the"selected items" message" they can not select just one email it keeps selecting mulitple items in their inbox, the same thing on their destop it will highlight more than one icon. They will have to totally shutdown to make it work again.

If you have any ideas, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
dcj

don't know if this will help but when i want to recover a deleted e-mail i have to be in the deleted folder, then click on 'tools' and then 'recover deleted items'. as for the multiple items i'll ask around.

Yep that is what I did and the email that was deleted was not in there. This doesn't happen to every email just some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back