Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OutBound ISDN (NI2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookysdad

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2001
US
Hello,
i am working with Voice Recognition Units using Dialogic JCT480 digital boards. These VRU's w/JCT480 accept several digital protocals inbound and answer calls for me. I have an idea i am trying to iron out but have several questions.
For this discussion I am making the assumption that the Definity has an external PSTN connection and an internal user interface connection. I would like to connect one of my VRU's to the definity either between the PSTN and the Definity or in parallel to the PSTN so as not to interfere with incoming or outgoing traffic through the Definity. I would like the VRU to accept incoming calls (CONTINOUS CONNECTIONS) from the Definity using ISDN (NI2)on half of its ports. I would like the VRU to be able to initiate outbound calls to the Definity using the same ISDN (NI2) protocal using the other half of its ports. This will tie up a fixed number of ports on the Definity for outbound to the VRU and a floating number of ports for inbound from the VRU.

1. If i wanted the Definity to connect and initiate a call from its external connection directly to my VRU using ISDN (NI2) is this possible and how?
2. Could that same ISDN connection from the Definity to my VRU be a continous connection that would last 24hours plus?
3. Do i need additional equipment to allow the ISDN (NI2) protocal connection?
4. If ISDN (NI2) is not a protocal that definity can work with are there any ISDN protocals it will work with?

If any part of this is possible my next question would be, is there any way to create a 2 peice digital set (independant speaker and microphone w/o dial pad) where the microphone would be continualy listening during the continous connection i mentioned above?

I thank you all in advance for any insight or advice that you will share with me.

Manuel

To add ISDN you do several steps in the Definity to make it work.
1. Add T1 protocol setting, csu type. etc
2. Add the trunk group
3. Add the Signal group
4. Add the trunk group members
(Just an example)

When you add the T1 to the Definity make sure you set the protocol type as "a"(a is NI2)in the add ds1 {board loaction} form.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back