Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening Projector File 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMAN33

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2002
US
Hi Gang,

Someone sent me a projector file in the form of an exe file. I have never used Director before so I do not know if this is the correct forum.

I try to open the file I get a Director Player error stating that I have a script error, do I want to continue? I click yes but nothing happens.

What do I need to do that will open this file up? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
GMAN

Director can produce a self running movie in the form of an exe file. Like any exe file, the way it runs depends on the script. I would suggest that you never run any exe file on your machine unless you are sure that you trust the internet site you downloaded it form or you trust the person who sent it to you.

If there is a script error when you try to run the file, it is probably due to the author not forseeing your computers particular set-up. It basically means the script will not run on your machine for whatever reason. You will be unable to debug this as it is a self contained file, I would suggest contacted the person who sent it to you and explaining the error.

Am i waffling? - Hope this helps, BDC.

There is a way to atleast know where the problem is.
Pick the projector.ini file from your program file folder and keep it next to this exe you have got. make sure you rename the projector.ini to the same name as your exe.ini
In there there is a setting for showing the full error message. Set it's value to 1 and then run the exe. Now you should get a detailed script error report.

Mayuresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back