Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

opening a browser window with a hyperlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hskrdoo

Programmer
Aug 27, 2001
US
I want to be able to use a hyperlink to open a browser window. But I also want to specify the size of the window. I know this is possible using the behaviors window but if you tell text to open a new browser window, it will not change the color of the text or place an underline beneath it. I want the text to look just like any other hyperlink and still open a window whose size I can specify.

The following simple solution has worked for me.

Hightlight the text you want to add the link to. Add the open browser window behavior and change the event to onClick. With the text still highlighted, put a pound sign (#) in the hyperlink field of the properties inspector.

If needed, you will have to remove the pound sign to edit the behavior. (I don't know why but it seems to make the behavior invisible)

Hope this helps.
Veronica

Thank you Veronica for the very simple solution, now I have another question. When you move the cursor over the hyperling it will change colour. also when you click the hyperlink. But, when you have clicked the hyperlink and want to go for another hyperlink it still has the hyperlinkcolour. How do I get the original textcolour when leaving the link ?

Michael

Hi spikeedney, I just happened to be on this site and saw your question (after a year!). I use css to control link style and color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back