Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only one record appears in a dynamic Access report

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAXMAN99

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
CA
What i'm trying to do is make a dynamic report, a combo box selects a user, a subform shows me how many items the user has to their name(one to many), then i want to click preview report and see all of the items, and the other field items that correspond to that user's items
eg.
select john doe
in the report i want to see
John Doe
1, Widget class, pc, cpu type, speed, pc name
1, SWEET Class, pc, cpu......
1, TIGHT Class, Server, cpu......
the pc, cpu type and the rest are looked up from other tables in the same database(to save datastorage space)
what i get is only the first record, the widget one
the subform gets the data from a table
now, i dont know exactly how to make the report work
from a table, a temp. table or a query, ive tried them all and only the first one from the selected user ever shows up.

NOTE:I will not be the only one using this DB, so text boxes to type users is out of the question, im trying to make it fool proof
Saxman99

Hiya,

You firstly need to describe here - the tables that you are using.

I get an inkling that 'WIDGET class' is in a table, SWEET class is in another table, TIGHT class is in another table.

Maybe not, and if not, remember that querying with some types of table relationships will not pull back what you expect.

Describe your tables (tablename: keyfield, field1,field2,field3 etc) and what fields relate each to the others.

In any case, you need a query (or a query fed query) to populate your report in this case.
If the report reqd. data from one table, then the table could be used.

Regards,

Darrylle

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience." darrylles@totalise.co.uk

Yeah sorry, they are all fields in one local table
but they are looked up(to save space)
exept for pcname
assets:userid;machine class;pc;cpu....
SaxMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back