Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Onebox and MD110

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFEXI

Technical User
Oct 11, 2002
SE
Is it possible to use mailbox subscribers with different number length?
I have 4 and 5 digit extensions in the MD110.
How if yes?

Having mixed length numbers on the one system is pretty bad practice, especially from a networking point of view.

Do you have any possible extension conflicts, eg 1234 and 51234?

Hallo,

in MD110 you can have extensions with different length. But in the OB all MBX then have the same length. Example:

ext. 1234 has MBX 01234
ext. 51234 has mbx 51234

bye
lalrl

Indeed, I've seen mixed length numbers before on many different systems, not least the MD110.

But... it's very very bad practice.

Can you imagine if you're home phone number was 01415555555 and someone also had 014105555555, it would be a networking nightmare, and is just wrong!

Sorry rant off :eek:)

We use the callxpress Voicemail ( and I think it is the same as onebox ) and it isn't possible to have different length subscriber numbers. It has to be either 4 or 5 digits not both.

I don´t se any problem in having different extensionnumber lengths in the MD110. You should be aware that the subscriber mailbox ant the extensionnumer are different things.
The important thing is to define the DFMT parameter in the MD110 to be at 5 digits if you have 5 digits extensions. You can also use 4 digits extensions in this case but you have to define the extensionnumber for the subscriber in the OneBox.

Hi!

I believe it could be possible to used mixed numberlenght with OneBox if You set up the database in OneBox for 5 digits, set DFMT to 5 and set Your filler to the ASCII value of the character "0". Give it a try ...

Good luck
/Paal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back