Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Way Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernscum

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2012
CA
Hi there
We are having issues with one of our sites. We can make internal 4 digit dialing calls between our main campus and another campus. However when we dial to our third campus, we get one way audio (they can hear us... we cant hear them). Our current set up is that at each campus there is a mitel box (3300, Virutal Box, etc). I have tried to troubleshoot with Wireshark but the packets do not show up.
How do I resolve this? All voip calls external are fine and internal to one campus. just this particular campus is being a pain.
Thanks!

Gateway routing. I guarantee it.

Setup a laptop on the voice network(s) and run ping tests.

The third site does not have the proper routing back to the other 2

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Think so? The third site calls and can hear us. We call the third site and they can hear us. Both instances we cannot.

I checked the site, everything looks fine. I'm stumped. I can ping back and forth, tracert, etc.

I agree its a routing issue

check all ip telephones for correct handset gateway addresses

dont forget its not routing via the controller but from the handsets

both times you have said the same issue occurs
site 3 calls site 1 site 3 can hear
site 1 calls site 3 site 3 can hear

so its the speech leaving site 3 towards the other sites thats the problem

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Well I dug a little deeper and found that the sets were statically assigned and given the wrong gateway. Problem solved once I defaulted them back :) Thanks you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back