Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One single queue in multiple asterisk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmigliaro

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2009
ES
Hello guys,

I would like to know if someone know the way to use one single queue in multiples asterisk.

The idea is to split the traffic using a Kamailio / openser but the problem is that as far as I knwo on Asterisk queues are setup per server.

Is it possible using asterisk or other software to setup one queue across 2 or more asterisk.

Thank you in advance

Yes this is possible.

If you have IAX trunking between the multiple sites and a unique extension plan at each site, i.e. 1XXX site 1, 2XXX site 2, etc.

Make sure you have routes set up between the sites using the IAX trunks.

Then just put the multiple extensions in the queue.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Thank you for your help, this is the first time I hear this.

Questions:

1 - Why IAX? Why not SIP? What would be the advantage of IAX?
2 - Where do you define the queue? I am thinking in queues that are set up in queues.conf. Are there another kind of queues? I am asking this because you have to set up the queue in one asterisk.

The idea i am thinking is: 2 asterisk in one location and 1 kamailio for having one single extension registration point.

Thank you very much

1. Have always been told IAX is more efficient and does NAT better than sip.

2. I use FreePBX GUI interface and add the extensions here.

Why would you have two asterisk servers in one location? Why not one large system? Unless you are building a large enterprise system, I don't see the need for kamailio.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

I would prefer two Asterisk for failover capabilities and in order to be able to scale the system in the future.
The Idea of Kamailio is to centralize the location of SIP extensions.

I am stuck because I dont know how to use the same QUEUE / ACD in two different Asterisk.

Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back