Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old ONEAC UPS info request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich A

Technical User
Jun 9, 2021
US
I have an old ONEAC UPS that I picked up many years ago. I believe it was originally used in a hospital. Has been very reliable for many years as my primary computer UPS. I have no documentation for it and would like to get a manual or at least a schematic for it. However after searching everywhere, I can NOT find any reference anywhere to this specific model. It has an ONEAC model number UP1103 which doesn't seem to exist anywhere. Nearest thing I can find is a CP1103 which is physically and electrically different. I believe the ONEAC company is no longer in business. I'm hoping someone can come up with a source for a manual or schematic for this thing.

Thanks .. Rich

If it makes you feel any better (or worse), there's a good chance the capacitors in it are destined for failure. Check the ends of the electrolytic capacitors for swelling or leakage. Just make sure you discharge everything before you go poking around in there! With no schematics, your best bet is swaptronics using some electronic theory and replacing what you think may be bad.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Thanks for the reply. The UPS is working fine. Caps and all electronics are okay. The reason for my post is because over the years I've owned it, I have never been able to find ANY info anywhere for the model number that is on the unit. I believe it was originally some kind of hospital grade device. I'd like to find at least a schematic for it but the model number just doesn't exist anywhere. I can find hundreds of models "close" that are CLxxxx or CPxxxx but NOTHING starting with a UPxxxx. This unit is a UP1103. The CL1103 and others close to that are totally different and about half the size of this thing.

Shack_UPS_psmltc.jpg

Lots of links and hundreds of products for this out of business company .. but the UP1103 just doesn't exist anywhere in the world. Fortunately the components look to be in great shape and it's still working fine. I'm just hoping someone out there may have seen one of these somewhere and have a schematic ??

Ebay has a huge number of CL1103 etc. (that are all similar) .. But are different in many ways.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=30684adf-28e3-4440-a727-ccbb7170a6f8&file=Shack_UPS.jpg
Maybe time to prepare yourself to step into the modern era? Let it go and it will fly back to you?

Point taken !
Oh, I've got other UPS's around the house that are "modern". However this old UPS is something I've thought about replacing for a long time. Yeah it's "old" but still works (like me). [wink]

At this point this is more about a question that I have never found an answer for .. I'm now more interested in why I can't find any record of this model anywhere. Yeah I can see maybe an APC 1500 watt sine wave UPS in my future.

In the meantime, this "boat anchor" works and ain't broke .. so I'm resisting the temptation to fix it. [upsidedown]

Got it. I used to be stubborn like that, but life has beaten that habit out of me. Too many nails to be driven, not enough hammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back